|Notice for China-bound foreign passengers|
In order to reduce cross-border transmission of Covid-19, especially considering the latest developments of COVID-19 in Australia, the Embassy and Consulate-Generals of China have made major changes on the application procedures. Passengers who travel on and after 17 January, 2022 are kindly required to read and follow instructions below.
1. Please take corresponding instructions according to your vaccination status:
(1) For those who are fully vaccinated with inactivated vaccine( Sinopharm, Sinovac and etc.):
Within 48 hours before departure, the passenger should take two nucleic acid tests respectively at two qualified institutions certified by Australian government. If not available, the passenger should take two nucleic acid tests respectively at two qualified institutions certified by Australian government within 72 hours before departure, and these two tests should have a 24 hours time span between.Please notice that those who are fully vaccinated with inactivated vaccine and also with non-inactivated vaccines should be applied to this instruction.
(2)For those who are fully vaccinated with non-inactivated vaccines( Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Moderna and etc.):
Within 48 hours before departure, the passenger should take one nucleic acid and N Protein(IgM) anti-body test at a qualified institution certified by Australian government. If not available, the passenger should take two nucleic acid tests respectively at two qualified institutions certified by Australian government instead within 48 hours.
(3) For the unvaccinated or the partially vaccinated:
Within 48 hours before departure, the passenger should take one nucleic acid and IgM anti-body test at a qualified institution certified by Australian government.
2. The passengers should apply for the Electronic Health Declaration Form by logging on the website of http://hrhk.cs.mfa.gov.cn/H5/ via computer or smart phone. You can fill in the information, declare the health status and upload relevant documents online. The following documents should be uploaded for application:
(1) Your test result reports(based on the requirements mentioned above);
(2) Flight itinerary;
(4) Chinese visa or resident permit;
(5) If you are vaccinated, please upload your vaccination certificate.
(6) If you have infection history / are a close contact / show suspected symptoms, please upload supplementary documents according to the requirements below:
Passengers with infection history:
(1) If you were diagnosed with COVID-19 or tested positive for nucleic acid rt-PCR or antibody (not due to vaccination), you are considered as having an infection history.
(2) You can apply for a health code after you infected day if you meet the following requirements:
- Take two nucleic acid tests with a sampling interval of over 24 hours, and both tests return negative results.
- Take a lung CT or X-ray and have the imaging diagnosis report before the second nucleic acid test.
- Take a self-quarantine for at least 14 days and record your daily body temperature and health conditions after the second nucleic acid test. If you develop any symptoms such as fever, cough, diarrhea during the self-quarantine, take another nucleic acid test. If the result is negative, start a 14-day quarantine again. If the result is positive, you will need to wait until you recover and redo the whole process.
- After completing the above procedures, follow this notice to perform corresponding tests before boarding. If the test result is still positive, you will need to complete the previous steps again until you meet all the requirements.
Close contacts/showing suspected symptoms
Close contacts or passengers showing suspected symptoms are required to self-quarantine for at least 14 days. Please monitor your health conditions and take nucleic acid tests on the 1st, 4th, and 7th day of self-quarantine. After completing the above procedures and the test result is negative, follow this notice to perform corresponding tests before boarding.
(1)For your health and safety, we highly recommend you reconsider any unnecessary travels.
(2)We strongly recommend all passengers to choose direct flights to China, and we will not issue health declaration forms for those who fly to China via connecting flights.
(3)Please notice that those who take tests earlier than 14 days after your fully vaccinated will not be qualified for health declaration forms.
(4)Please download and accordingly fill in the Statement of Commitment on Personal Health Monitoring in attachment, and present the form to the airlines before boarding.
(5)The passengers have the obligation to comply with the airlines’ COVID test, temperature check and other necessary checking for safety reasons. Refusal may face up to the cancellation of the health declaration forms.
Source：The Embassy of the People's Republic of China in Australia